Here with the family? Looking for a children friendly activity that your kids will cherish forever? Interested in a hands-on, cheese-making experience? How about adding a visit to a beekeeper’s, a pottery workshop where your kids can test their skills and a delicious ice cream to make sure they’re still interested?
In this tour your kids will literally get the first bite and we couldn’t be happier to see them smile!
In this specially tailored experience, you will be taken to a cheese farm deep in the heart of Naxos where your children will meet and feed the farm animals, ride the plowing tractor and help the owners make their delicious cheese! And by the time all this happens, you will have gathered around the family table to feast on all sorts of delicacies prepared by the loving Miss Maria with freshly picked products from the farm.
You will then head towards a nearby village and a traditional pottery workshop, where the owner will give you a presentation of his ancient art and help our little friends create a clay masterpiece on the wheel! Up next, a visit to a young beekeeper, who will let our little friends know how brilliantly bees support the ecosystem for millions of years and will offer them a taste of his delicious honey. A presentation of the bees at work behind the safety of a protective glass will be sure to engage everyone’s attention and to help overcome any fear of bees!
To close off the day, a visit to the beautiful village of Halki in the middle of Naxos island, where you will enjoy delicious, handmade ice-cream, made with milk from a farm like miss Maria’s.
- Pick up and drop off at guests’ accommodation
- Local escort
- Cheese farm visit, kids friendly activities available
- Cheese making, lunch with traditional snacks
- Pottery workshop visit and pottery making essentials lesson
- Visit to a beekeeper’s farm, tasting of honey and snacks, observation of the bees in safety box
- Visit to the village of Halki, for homemade ice cream treats
- Duration : 4-5 hours
- Ideal starting time: between 9:30am and 12:00pm
- Prices include all food and drinks, guiding services, transportation, all legal taxes