A pinch of history and a bellyful of Naxian culinary delights in a stroll around Hora’s most mouthwatering locations.
The town of Naxos, also known as “Hora”, definitely has more than meets the eye. Tons of history packed in just a few square kilometers and so many options to choose from! Let us take you to the places that we think best tell the story of this island as a whole.
In this foodie tour you will begin your walk around the Old Town maze. You will climb up the Venetian Castle, where you’ll visit a terrace café to enjoy a snack inspired by the Venetian presence on Naxos and learn how the Italian conquerors influenced local cuisine too, while gazing at the breathtaking views from the highest point.
Then, you will visit a family-run tavern to savor traditional Naxian recipes, customized to your preferences. You will then have your palates all cleaned up with some refreshing ice cream, made with local milk from the farms of Naxos.
Off to one of the oldest liqueur stores of Naxos, where the original PDO Naxian liquer, the famous “Kitron” is distributed from. Then, you will be taken to one of the Town’s traditional grocery stores to enjoy a tasting of a variety of Naxian cheeses and to check out herbs, olives and oh so much more. And to close the walk in style, enjoy a visit to a cute wine bar hidden in the heart of Naxos Town where the young, knowledgeable and passionate owner will guide you through a wine tasting session of Greek varieties only.
- Traditional recipes tasting in family tavern
- Informative walk up the Venetian Castle
- Visit to a landmark terrace café for a Venetian-inspired snack
- Ice-cream tasting stop
- Old grocery store - tasting of traditional products
- Old liqueur store - local PDO liqueur tasting
- Wine bar - Cycladic wine tasting session
- Local escort
- Only available in the afternoon
- Duration: 4 hours
- Number of visits: 6
- Ideal starting time: between 5:00pm and 6:00pm
- This is a Naxos Town walking food tour and no transportation is included, but can be arranged at a small extra cost
- Prices include all food and drinks, guiding services, all legal taxes